Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Where did August go?

 

I cannot believe that today is already the 16th!!! WOW, it feels like this month is just flying and before I know it, it will be time for school.   And, honestly I am not ready to send off my little girl …  I can already see lots of tears (from me) when she walks to that bus;  Olivia on the other hand will be all smiles and ready to “GO”.  I am thankful that Summer Camp ends on the 19th and we will have 3 full weeks together.  Need to start planning activities and just little ‘dates’ for the two of us.  

On the other hand, I am looking forward to “fall” and cannot wait to start getting the house ready for my favorite Season.  I have tons of projects planned, but first we need to finish painting the house.  My “TO DO “ List  just keeps on growing and I feel like nothing is ever being crossed off.   I really need to work on finishing a project, before starting another one.  It seems that I cannot keep myself on track until one thing is completely finished. 

Examples:

1)   The laundry room is still only halfway done!  We still need to hang the remaining cabinets, shelves and install the countertop!  Its only been like this for 3 weeks now…  Need to get the hubby back on track!!! 

2)   Need to finish painting the hallway upstairs.  Someone Ryan thought that the hallway upstairs wasn’t part of the “foyer” when the painters were at the house.  Ugh…love the fact that the soft yellow we have upstairs now seems to take a gross green undertone next to the khaki color we picked for the foyer. 

3)   Did I mention painting??????  Dining Room currently has just blocks of colors and needs to be done.  All the molding and doors need to be re-painted white.  (Currently the white is looking a little “dirty” and I can’t stand it)

And, the list goes on, but really these are the top 3 items that I want to take care of before school starts.  Think I can do it?????

No comments: